Single-Use Wireless Gamma Probe at the Point-of-Care
Gamma probes are routinely used intraoperatively for sentinel lymph node mapping with breast cancer and melanoma, for parathyroid surgery and for radioactive seed localization. While wireless technology is now common in gamma probes, reusable probes must be draped for sterility prior to every use. TruNodeTM is the first cost-effective, single-use gamma probe that is fully sterile.
Other key features of the TruNodeTM include:
- Simple to use, finger-tip control from the sterile field, including switching between high-sensitivity 'scan', high-resolution 'point' and I-125 'seed' modes
- Proprietary heuristic audio feedback for elucidating hotspots more clearly
- Voice reporting of count-rate minimizes need to view display
- Compact User Feedback Unit (UFU) is rechargeable and mounts to IV pole eliminating its footprint in the space conscious O.R.
Specimen Imaging at the Point-of-Care
Surgeons around the world utilize Faxitron systems in the operating room to reduce breast biopsy and lumpectomy procedure times and improve patient care. Our advanced digital imaging technology and intuitive software deliver optimal images the first time, every time, in less time, improving the workflow in the surgical suite.
- Our BioVision can be located directly in the surgical suite, only steps from the operating table.
- The self-contained system produces a high-resolution digital image in a matter of seconds.
- The images can be sent to PACS for immediate and simultaneous review by radiology.
- The small, portable system can be easily moved from suite to suite without powering down due to its integrated battery backup.
- Our VISION software is DICOM compliant and includes Store, Modality Work List and Print Service Classes.
Benefits for the patient:
- Reduces time under anesthesia (average decrease of 19 minutes)
- Minimizes the potential for re-excision
Benefits for the surgeon, OR staff, and facility:
- Improves standard of care for patient
- Allows simultaneous image review with radiologist
- Reduces procedure time
- Saves significant cost per procedure
“After a thorough review of specimen radiography systems, we opted for Faxitron. The system is ideal for use in stereotactic breast biopsies. Located right in the stereotactic suite, it enables us to identify calcifications within several seconds and has greatly improved throughput. Technologists and radiologists are very pleased with it. Personally, I don’t know what we would do without it...