UltraFocusDXA by Faxitron® is a compact ultra-high-resolution imaging and dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry (DXA) system. Designed for placement on a lab bench or directly in the barrier facility to protect the integrity of the colony, UltraFocusDXA consists of a fully self-contained x-ray unit and workstation. For longitudinal studies, an integrated port provides a safe method for inserting lines for delivering anesthesia. UltraFocusDXA also automatically acquires BMD, BMC, and body composition results in under 3 minutes.
- DXA analysis automatically calculates BMD, BMC and lean and fat mass percentages for both whole body and region of interest (ROI) – easily switch between high-resolution imaging and DXA mode
- Easy to use with a laser centering guide and window to ensure proper sample or animal positioning during in vivo imaging and no requirements for extensive training or additional x-ray shielding
- One button operation for DXA scan and analysis and advanced Automatic Exposure Control (AEC) to remove the guesswork from selecting appropriate exposure time and kV settings during general imaging
- Single-click calibration with auto object detect that allows for simple, error-free calibration
- Designed for convenience featuring a stainless steel inner chamber that is easy to clean and an integrated port for introduction of gaseous anesthesia lines
- Optimized imaging with up to 8μm resolution images provided by the microfocus tube and up to 6X geometric magnification – images are instantaneously displayed on 24” high-resolution 3.7MPx monitor
- Remote diagnostic and support from product specialists who put you and your research first